This week is Mental Health Awareness Week and, as we do annually, we like to get involved by sharing some top tips to improve your wellbeing. This year’s theme is nature and so we have put together a downloadable guide to getting yourself out into nature as a family (or these activities are just as fun for adults too!) to enjoy some of the great outdoors.
- Colouring sheets – a great activity whatever your age, try to stay between the lines and if you want more of a challenge get creative with your colours!
- I spy – four sets of scavenger hunt items depending on your adventure outdoors. So, whether you live near the woods, near the coast or won’t be heading out of the house at all there’s something for all locations!
- Puzzle time – grab a cuppa and put your mind into action.
- Garden spotting – how many of these creatures can you see?
- Recycled craft activities – it is impressive how many things you can make from a plastic bottle. We’ve included three ways to utilise a bottle for the purpose of helping nature. Again – who said it is just the kids who get all the craft fun – we’d love to see your creations, share them with us on social media!
- Creative activities for those who love a splash of colour – perfect for all ages.
- Our favourite walks – Team NDH have shared their favourite places to explore to help you enjoy some places you may never have been. Where’s your favourite?
- Planting tips and seasons – ever wonder what plant is good to go in the winter? Well now you know!
If you don’t have a printer and so would like a paper copy email your name and address to [email protected] and we can send you a copy in the post.