We’re very pleased to announce the launch of our Corporate Plan, which is a plan for our business for the next three years. This plan is split into four sections, which we have outlined below with a few of our key aims.
This plan has been built with our customers, board and team to make sure we cover the range of issues that are most important. We have kept in mind the economic struggles faced by our customers and communities as this will play a part in the amount we have to invest into our communities over the next three years.
- We will continue to put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- We will remain accountable to our customers and ensure they have a say in the decision making process.
- We will work with customers to help them sustain strong tenancies and work with them to tackle inequality.
- We know customers’ lives are changing and the need to be more flexible in contacting us is important, so we will work hard to provide more digital ways to reach us, at a time to suit them.
- We will provide customers with a safe and secure home in a good state of repair.
- We will continue to improve our Repairs and Maintenance service and seek more feedback from our customers to ensure we listen to where improvements can be made.
- We will work on ensuring that all our homes are energy efficient and work towards making sure all homes have an Energy Rating of Band C or above by 2030.
- We aim to build over 200 new homes in the area in three years - a mixture of affordable, social rent, shared ownership and market sale homes - some of which will come from our subsidiary brand, Anchorwood Ltd, whose profits are reinvested into NDH to provide even more affordable homes in the area.
- We will continue to be a Community Landlord, offering services beyond those of a normal landlord, such as financial advice, independent living support, alarm services and young person support.
- We will work with local partners, businesses and the local authorities to ensure that we all work together on local issues that are important to our communities.
- We will look to improve the offer to our communities and implement changes to our estates, such as electric car charging points and more green space, among others.
- We aim to improve the wellbeing of our customers with everything we do.
- At NDH we will continue to have a strong and effective governance structure to make sure everything we do is for the right reasons.
- We will continue to invest in our training programme for staff, apprentices and offer career progression to ensure we ‘grow our own’ within Team NDH to offer the best service possible to customers.
- We will continue our transition to more digital and flexible ways of working to reflect the move into a modern world.
- We will look to be as carbon neutral as a business as possible by the end of the three years, making sure we have less impact on our planet with the service we offer.