What are we doing?
To help us make the North Devon Homes website a positive place for everyone, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the North Devon Homes website.
How are we doing?
We monitor the website regularly, but there may be some areas where we do not yet meet the guidelines but work is being carried out to get us up to AA compliance. If you do find any problems, please get in touch.
Need help reading our website?
We’ve added Browsealoud; digital inclusion software from Texthelp to our website. Browsealoud helps you navigate around our site, understand our content and interact with our website independently. Just click the orange 'Speak' button.
How does Browsealoud help?
Browsealoud offers a host of reading and translation support - helping you to access and understand our website better.
- text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
- text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
- mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
- screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- web page simplifer: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
- settings: customize options to suit individual needs or preferences
Let us know what you think
If you enjoyed using the North Devon Homes website, or if you had trouble with any part of it, please get in touch. We'd like to hear from you in any of the following ways: