Our purpose is to ‘create communities where people want to live’.
We work hard to ensure that working for us is a great experience. We are a values based organisation and it’s really important to us that we all work together as one team – team ndh! We actively promote wellbeing initiatives and having a good work life balance. We want you to make the most of living and working in such an amazing place.
It’s all about the passion for what we do, we are continually on the lookout for ways to improve what we do and how we do it, always with an eye on value for money.
As a values-led organisation, we will expect you to be;
- Flexible in your approach
- Accountable to your customers and each other
- Compassionate, professional & polite
- Team ndh – working together
- Service Excellence
In return, you can expect from us;
- Open and honest communication
- Fair and equitable pay and benefits
- Regular feedback on your performance
- Strong, clear and supportive leadership and line management
- A commitment that we will help you reach your full potential
- Flexibility and a good work life balance
- If you like the sound of this we’d like to hear from you . . . .
About North Devon
………with its breathtaking, unspoilt beaches and countryside it is easy to see why North Devon is one of the country’s most beautiful and increasingly popular holiday destinations. For those living and working here, we get to enjoy it every day – what could be better than that!
Barnstaple is the main town of North Devon, and possibly the oldest borough in the United Kingdom. It is a former river-port, located at the lowest crossing-point of the River Taw, flowing into the Bristol Channel.
Barnstaple has a population in the region of 47,500.
If you want to know more about Barnstaple or North Devon visit:
Quick facts about North Devon Homes
- North Devon Homes’ Executive Team consists of the Chief Executive, Martyn Gimber, Director of Neighbourhoods, Marc Rostock and Finance Director, Philippa Butler.
- We employ approximately 130 staff
- North Devon Homes is a Housing Association with approximately 3,200 properties
- The company was established following the Large Scale Voluntary Transfer of homes from North Devon District Council in February 2000
- We are a Registered Charity, a Registered Social Landlord (RSL) and we are regulated by the Homes & Community Agency (HCA) and the Charities Commission
- We pride ourselves on our customer service and provide training and coaching to all staff in all roles of the business
- We work together as Team NDH to deliver great services and have some of the highest levels of customer satisfaction for any Registered Provider
- We have a Customer Care Team with sole responsibility for dealing with customers at the first point of contact. They aim to deal with as many queries and issues as possible, such as; paying rent, reporting a repair or general advice
- Our head office is based at Westacott Road, Barnstaple EX32 8TA
- We have 15 sheltered sites (serving over 55’s) in Barnstaple and across North Devon and provide a community alarm facility to a further 1,200 customers.
- Our Independent Living Service also provides a support service to customers (who may or may not be tenants of North Devon Homes) to help maintain their tenancy. The Service will work with customers who are vulnerable through reason of age, mental ill health, cognitive difficulties, or disability.
- We are developing 321 new homes (including open market sale) to meet a range of needs as part of our commitment to grow our stock to 3,400 homes by 2021.
- We have invested £40m in customers’ homes and currently have a major programme of works underway to keep improving our homes for our customers
- We have a direct labour force of 20 operatives and 3 apprentices who work on maintaining our properties along with a number of local contractors
- You can find out more about us by visiting our website www.ndh-ltd.co.uk