Household Insurance

If you rent one of our homes, we insure the building you live in. However, it’s your responsibility to insure your personal possessions.

This is known as contents insurance and covers such things as damage caused by fire, theft, water damage, vandalism or floods to most of your household goods and contents.

North Devon Homes can help our tenants and residents obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable.  While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

With a special scheme called Crystal arranged in conjunction with Thistle Tenant Risks, tenants and residents can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens they have cover.

This insurance will cover most of your household goods and contents whilst in your home. The insurance also covers replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen and the contents of your freezer. There is also cover for personal liability and also your decorations which you may be responsible for under your tenancy agreement.

To find out more please visit

Information is also available direct from North Devon Homes.

Please contact our Customer Care Team on 01271 312500 or email