North Devon Homes works with a select few trusted suppliers and we are members of a number of groups where we have a support network of other businesses to help us make the most of our charity.
Advantage South West
In 2004 we set up a partnership with 3 other South West housing associations and formed the Advantage South West partnership of which NDH holds a 25% share. Since it was formed the group have added more members across the South West and have created a committee of likeminded organisations to help to combat the housing crisis in the area.
We have a set list of suppliers we choose to use for work. We spend approximately £13 million on goods, works and services, we need to ensure our procurement activities are transparent, customer focused and that they offer value for money.
To ensure value for money, our contracts are awarded through a competitive process; written quotations for minor expenditure or for the larger contracts through a formal tendering process.
If you are a contractor or supplier and wish to express an interest in one of our tenders, please register on the Advantage South West portal www.advantageswtenders.co.uk to receive notification of future opportunities.
All companies who work for NDH will be required to complete an Approved Contractor Application Form and to confirm their agreement to comply with our Contractor Code of Conduct.
We are a member of the PlaceShapers group, an alliance of more than 100 housing associations who have signed up to common values. All members sign up to the following principles:
- We put our residents and customers at the centre of what we do and ensure they have real influence on our organisations.
- We provide more than just landlord services because we care about the people and places where we work.
- We build homes that respond to local housing need.
- We recognise the importance of a local focus and work actively with our local authorities and other local partners to improve and shape places at both a strategic and operational level.
- We believe there's strength and benefit to residents and stakeholders in maintaining a strong, independent, diverse, values-driven housing association sector.
- With homes in 95% of all local authority areas, PlaceShapers are firmly part of the solution to the country’s housing crisis. Unemployment, crime, poor health and low educational achievement are all linked so what we do as housing organisations to help residents, local government and other agencies work together can make a huge difference to lives.
PlaceShapers members understand the strategic priorities of central and local government and contribute to their delivery as close and valued partners.
For more information on PlaceShapers visit their website at http://www.placeshapers.org/
Credit Union Sustainability Partnership
As part of the Advantage South West partnership we worked together to create Credit Union Sustainability Partnership (CUSP). The innovative partnership between ASW and local credit union, Westcountry Savings and Loans aims to bring credit union services to customers, communities and staff to tackle the issues of high cost credit by providing its members with affordable, trusted financial products.
Westcountry Savings and Loans is owned by, and run, for the benefit of its customers who are all members of the organisation. The company’s mission is “for people not profit”; no profits go to external shareholders and any interest on borrowing is recycled back into the credit union to enable it to serve more customers and offer better rates, products and services for the benefit of communities across the south west.
If you would like more information about the Westcountry Savings and Loans please visit www.westcountry.org.uk.