We are a member of the PlaceShapers group, an alliance of more than 100 housing associations who have signed up to common values. All members sign up to the following principles:
- We put our residents and customers at the centre of what we do and ensure they have real influence on our organisations.
- We provide more than just landlord services because we care about the people and places where we work.
- We build homes that respond to local housing need.
- We recognise the importance of a local focus and work actively with our local authorities and other local partners to improve and shape places at both a strategic and operational level.
- We believe there's strength and benefit to residents and stakeholders in maintaining a strong, independent, diverse, values-driven housing association sector.
With homes in 95% of all local authority areas, PlaceShapers are firmly part of the solution to the country’s housing crisis. Unemployment, crime, poor health and low educational achievement are all linked so what we do as housing organisations to help residents, local government and other agencies work together can make a huge difference to lives.
PlaceShapers members understand the strategic priorities of central and local government and contribute to their delivery as close and valued partners.
For more information on PlaceShapers visit their website at http://www.placeshapers.org/